Cranberry Tea Bread
depending on whether used as the main breakfast item or a side or snack.
12 ounces fresh cranberries
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons melted butter
3/4 cup whole milk at room temperature
vegetable oil & flour to prepare bread pan
Instructions1. Preheat oven 350 F
2. Oil and flour 9 x 6 inch bread pan.
3. Whisk together egg, butter, milk, vanilla and orange zest.
4. Blend in brown sugar.
5. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
6. Whisk dry into wet ingredients.
7. Fold cranberries into batter until well distributed.
8. Pour batter in bread pan. Bake 75 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center.
9. Let pan cool for 20 minutes, until bread pulls from sides. Loosen bread from pan with knife.
10. Turn bread onto plate until fully cooled.
11. Wrap in plastic to maintain moisture or serve promptly.