Sun Belle Blueberries
Fresh blueberries from Sun Belle are a year round treat. Bursting with flavor, easy to eat and loaded with healthful ingredients, Sun Belle blueberries are lovingly grown in Chile, Mexico and Argentina during the fall and winter months. Beginning in spring, Sun Belle blueberries hail from Florida, Georgia and North Carolina farms. In summer, farms in Michigan, California and Oregon kick in making blueberries a fresh sensation you can rely on day in and day out.
At Sun Belle, we ensure blueberries are grown, picked, packed, cooled and shipped according to the best agricultural practices. And with our network of hands-on distribution centers, Sun Belle rigorously inspects every clam shell of blueberries sold.
- The “it” berry
- A rich source of antioxidants
- Growing many varieties
- Healthy dessert & nutritious snack
- Nutrition Facts
- Blueberries are the “it” berry because of their ease of use, their flexibility, the delight they bring to young and old alike and because of mounting evidence that blueberries are among the healthiest and healthful of foods on planet Earth.
- The word is out! People age better with blueberries! Numerous studies conducted throughout the world link eating blueberries to cancer prevention and diabetes control as well as better health for the brain, eyes, heart, and urinary and digestive tracts. Why? Blueberries are rich in the flavonoids and phenolic compounds that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Plus one cup of blueberries meets the following recommended daily allowances: 30 percent of Vitamin C, 20 percent of manganese, 15 percent of dietary fiber, 6 percent of vitamin A and 4 percent of Vitamin E. Eating blueberries & offering blueberries to family and friends is a no brainer!
- Blueberries can range from shiny deep blue to slate blue dusted by bloom but they are all good to eat out of hand. If you choose to wash or rinse blueberries, do so just prior to use since berries absorb water. Occasionally teeny stems may need to be picked out!
- Nothing says healthy dessert or nutritious snack than a handful of blueberries packed in a school lunch. Blueberries can be blended in breakfast smoothies, tossed into fruit and luncheon salads, used as dessert toppings, stirred into savory sauces and, of course, baked into muffins, pies, buckles, scones, crumbles and cakes. A bowl of blueberries is always welcome to a pot luck meal or on a dessert table!
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 cup blueberries (148 g) Calories: 84 Sodium: 1 mg Protein: 1 g Fat: 0 g Sugars: 15 g Total Carbohydrates: 21 g % Daily Value Vitamin A: 2% Vitamin C: 24% Iron: 2% Calcium: 1%