Blackberry Cobbler with Corn
1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Grated zest of one lemon
4 cups Sun Belle blackberries
1 cup unbleached flour
3/4 cup medium to coarse ground corn meal
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup oil or melted butter
1/2 cup super sweet corn kernels (fresh, canned or frozen)
Instructions1. Have all ingredients at room temperature.
2. Reheat oven to 375 degrees
3. Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and lemon zest. Toss in blackberries and transfer to a 9-inch shallow baking dish.
4. Whisk together flour, corn meal, baking powder and salt in one bowl. In second bowl whisk together 1 teaspoon lemon juice, egg yolk, milk, 1/4 cup sugar, oil or butter. Pour wet ingredients into dry and blend together with just a few strokes of the whisk. Stir in corn kernels to batter.
5. Spoon batter over blackberry mix to cover evenly.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes – or until a toothpick comes out clean from the batter. Cool down but serve warm.
Tip: Substitute 4 cups of Sun Belle blueberries for the blackberries to make Blueberry Cobbler with Corn.